To be admitted to the mentoring program of the Swiss Study Foundation you need to have excellent grades, but that alone is not sufficient. We also pay close attention to your motivation, your commitment, your personality, as well as your extracurricular achievements and your potential.
If our mentoring program sparked your interest, it is a good sign: It shows that you are curious and confident.
There are only a few formal requirements you need to fulfill: To be admitted to the mentoring program of the Swiss Study Foundation, you need to be domiciled in Switzerland or Liechtenstein. Swiss citizenship, however, is not required. You need to have achieved a grade average of 5.3/6 (approximate value) at your school leaving examinations or with your university work, or you need to have achieved similar results in a different grade system. These benchmarks can be compensated by extraordinary extracurricular achievements, such as outstanding honorary, political or cultural activities.
Furthermore you bring along:
- high performance
- broad interests, intellectual curiosity and creativity
- openness and joy over interdisciplinary exchange
- intrinsic motivation and enthusiasm
- communication skills, including knowledge of two national languages
- sense of responsibility and commitment
Once you have been admitted, we expect that you:
- continue to achieve excellent results with your university work (approximate grade average of 5.3/6)
- carry on your extracurricular activities
- participate in the educational program of the Swiss Study Foundation
- attend the meetings with your mentor from the Swiss Study Foundation
- hand in an annual report on your university work to date and your commitment within and outside the Swiss Study Foundation